my boys

my boys

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mount Rushmore

When I looked over the map and saw that Mount Rushmore was only "slightly" out of the way, I told Matt we just had to go. So we drove another long day leaving Iowa until we reached Mount Rushmore.

This was probably the longest day of driving to me, because, well there isn't much between Iowa and South Dakota. For hours we pretty much looked at corn, corn and corn. Its interesting to see how this drive is affecting the kids. Brayden has now proclaimed he wants to be a crop duster when he grows up. My first thought was the movie Planes, but no! Matt and Brayden saw several crop dusters in the many corn fields we passed, and that is where he got it.

 Then we reached South Dakota and looked at cows. It was the craziest sight. There would be hundreds of cows and no building, house, barn in sight.


We ended up here for the night. 











The town next to Mount Rushmore was adorable. Would love to go back for a full weekend. We stayed at this campground Rafter J Bar Ranch, and again I was blown away with how nice and beautiful it was. I wanted to just park and stay, it was such a cute town, and beautiful scenery.
The next morning we got up and headed on the final 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment