my boys

my boys

Monday, July 14, 2014

Denver for the 4th

Matt had a 3 day weekend for the fourth, so we were going to take advantage and get out of town. My initial thought was Yellowstone, but we waited too long to book, and we unable to find a pet friendly hotel. We decided Denver it was. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Denver. So I was pretty excited. Denver is just about 3 1/2 hours away, so not too bad.






Matt and I really wanted to go to a Rockies game, but the boys wanted the zoo....so the zoo it was. I was hesitant to go to the zoo, since we have the Jax zoo near home, and we have been to it a million times. So glad we went anyway. It was a beautiful zoo and very different from the one in Jax.



(mellow mushroom for lunch...yummmm)









We watched fireworks from outside of the Denver Soccer Complex. We probably saw 10 different fireworks shows from all over the city, followed by the soccer complex's show, which started at 10. (we were all falling asleep by the end)







We also drove by the Mile High Staduim while there. Def planning on going to a game if we are still here this fall.

Played at a park, while getting lost looking for 4th festivities. We found them, right as it started to rain, and everything got shut down :(


I also made a pit stop by a friends hospital, and got the grand tour of her L&D unit. So nice to see it and her!




No comments:

Post a Comment