my boys

my boys

Monday, July 7, 2014

Not exactly what I thought I was getting.....

As we continued the drive from Mount Rushmore to "Small town", WY the roads started getting less green, with less trees.... I became more and more nervous.

Before leaving I of course researched where we were going. I knew that the closest WalMart was 2 hours away, but was reassured EVERYTHING I needed would be available.

Leaving Mount Rushmore this is what we saw...


Soon that turned into this....

So as you can imagine, when we pulled into this tiny town, with no Walmart, grass, or trees, I was less than thrilled.  I may have or have not cried countless times the first day. With some encouragement from friends I really searched to find the good in this area.

Matt didn't have to start work for a couple days, so we went to find some spots people told us about. And found this.....


About 45 mins from town is Seminoe State Park. It is BEAUTIFUL! 
The next day we joined the gym, library, and signed the boys up for swimming lessons. I'm happy to say this place is starting to grow on me. Although its not this beautiful picture I thought it would be, we will be going to see it in the near future. At the end of the day, we are all here together. And that was the goal and that is what is important. 

(Grand Teton National Park)


No comments:

Post a Comment