my boys

my boys

Monday, August 11, 2014

Pinterest ...

Who doesn't love pinterest? It has become one of my favorite resources for everything from recipes to crafts or even organization. I have tried tons of recipes off of pinterest over the past couple of years. While some have been horrible flops, some have turned out really good. So I thought it would be a good idea to pass on my passes and flops, so maybe you don't have to have the same flop as I did.

When I had Trenton a bunch of the women from church made me meals and brought them to me. Someone brought me Strawberry Pretzel Salad. And it was amazing! I am bringing dessert to a dinner with another family and thought I would give this a go. I found a recipe on Pinterest here ... Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Super simple recipe, even easy enough to make in a camper!

This is how mine started, before the layering.... I forgot to take a finished product pic... so here is her's from the website in the link.







I made this Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken a few weeks ago. While I think it turned out correct, it wasn't a favorite in our house. I will most likely not be making this again. 



I tried a recipe for chicken tacos. (Cant find the pin). Super easy....
Chicken Tacos


one packet of taco seasoning
one jar salsa
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Place all ingredients in slow cooker on low 8 hours or high 4 hours, shred chicken and prepare tacos.

And lastly, 

I followed the recipe pretty much exactly, except: I used ground turkey. (I can't remember the last time I even bought ground beef). Also I only used one cup of quinoa (uncooked). I had a ton of extra of the mixture after filling the peppers, yummy for lunch.  Turned out good, but in the directions it said put 2 cups of water in the bottom of the crockpot. I'm going to skip that part next time, it was way to wet.

Living in a travel trailer has me loving slow cooker meals, actually I have always loved slow cooker meals. So if you have a favorite slow cooker meal I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment