my boys

my boys

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Less Stuff.... More Stress...well for now at least...

So this whole getting rid of stuff is...Stressful! 10 years of marriage and 3 kids later, we have A LOT of stuff. I am still working full time, plus now in school, and on my off weekends trying to go spend time with the Hubbs. So going through all of this stuff is slow going. We are getting close to go time, so I have made a goal of emptying one room a day (that I am off work). Maybe I am strange, but this is really stressful and overwhelming. The finished product is amazing and freeing.


This was my junk/computer/doesn't go anywhere else, put it here room. So glad to have gone through here first. ( I won't show you my dining room table right now ;) ) Hopefully the other rooms will be a lot easier than this one. 

We have definitely been "Stuff" people. We have every little gadget for every little hobby. Ughh! Part of this whole "adventure" is to show our kiddos stuff isn't important. A lesson for us adults too. So let the great purge continue. All of our stuff no longer needed is being split between friends who can use it, trash, a yard sale a friend is having for charity next month, and a small amount to be left in storage.  Hence the dining room table full of stuff right now. At lease once a day I am still wondering, are we doing the right thing? But then we spend one day with the hubby in our new home, and I know it is. By the way took some pics of the new place, so those to come soon. 

1 comment: