my boys

my boys

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fall = Football & Pumpkin

The temps over here in Wyoming already feel like fall temps in the South. I've been able to pull out my sweaters and boots...Yay! Well for a couple days at a time and then switch back to shorts and flip flops for a couple days... (I thought that crazy kind of weather was unique to South Georgia, but nope).

We are quite busy these days with Matthew's Football Schedule. He is practicing two days a week and has games two days a week. So the little boys and I are spending a lot of time at the park (right next to the practice field). 




Brayden has come up with a game he plays with Trenton..... He named it "Tickle Tackle"....Is that not the cutest thing. Can't wait to remind him of it when he is older. :)



Matthew's Team the Broncos have played 2 games so far, both which they lost. 48-0 game one and 24-0 game two... But Matthew is really improving. He actually threw a couple of guys to the ground (which is quite shocking for him). He is loving football, and we are loving watching him play. Best part, Matt has been able to be at every game and every practice. 







We are spending the weekends watching College Football and NFL, I love football season.

Last weekend we drove to Casper to do some shopping. The boys found these cute aviators at the Gap Outlet on sale for $2... Love a good deal, and they are so cute in them. 





And because it is Fall (well almost) that means pumpkin everything. My boys (all 4) aren't big fans, so I keep trying to sneak it in... with not much success....

I tried this Crockpot Pumpin Oatmeal recipe. None of them liked it. I thought it was okay, but I have yet to find a crockpot oatmeal recipe that doesn't get amazingly hard in the bottom and a pain to clean. 

I also made this Pumpkin French Toast Bake recipe. Everyone ate this one without complaining. I cut it in half, and it turned out great.

I have been eyeballing this Pumpkin Brownies recipe....but I'm really trying to cut down on the sugar I am eating, and I have bad self control... so I haven't made it yet, but I'm sure I will before the season is over. 

So we have been busy. Next week Brayden starts flag and Matthew is jumping back into cub scouts....stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment